The Aim of the Programme
Fashion industry is one of the largest, continuously changing and evolving industries, which influences what people wear, all over the world. Fashion designing is the process of creating new trends in apparel and accessories and setting fashion trends according to places, seasons or any such specific theme. Thus, Fashion Design programme intends to cultivate high quality fashion designing and sampling.
Education period is 2 years (with industrial training) and 40 students are accepted to the programme every year.
Students graduate from the school with 120 ECTS credits.
In the scope of the programme; stitching techniques, preparation of models, theoretical and practical lessons that include both technique and artistic content are shown to the students. The program gives the ideas for designing a garment for a specific purpose.
On the other hand, this programme develops the ability of designing by using various computerized programs. Also Society of Art History, Fine Arts, Fashion Marketing and Fashion Photographing are the other lessons for the Fashion Design students.
Our alumni should:
* be able to judge fabric type, fabric quality and colour
* have the ability of create, sew, draw and patternmaking
* know how to predict trends
* have an eye for style, silhouette and colours
* have the ability to handle stress and rejection
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Fashion Design Technician can work in various textile and ready wear firms;
* Garment and ready wear firms
* Fashion houses and firms working on order
* Fashion and cloth pattern consulting firms
* Model application, development and design
* Product research, development and design