Ege University Emel Akın Vocational School has started the Textile Technician education in 1988-1989 academic year, under the name of "E.Ü. Uşak Vocational School" with “Textile (Weaving) Program”. The number of students, which was 16 in the first year of the school, reached 54 in the following year by the “Spinning Program” which was opened in the direction of the demands of the industrialists.
By incorporation of Uşak Vocational School to the Afyon Kocatepe University, The Textile Technician education in Ege University started to be maintained under the name of E.Ü. Bornova Vocational School since the 1993-1994 academic year, with the decision dated 24.05.1993 of the Council of Higher Education.
Through the construction of a new building by Rüştü Akın Foundation for our vocational school, the name of E.Ü. Bornova Vocational School has been changed as “E.Ü. Emel Akın Vocational School", with the decision dated 15.03.1996 of the Council of Higher Education and the school has started education in new building.
The following changes have been made in the education Program and plans of our vocational school in the direction of the current developments, and demands from the industrialists.
- 1989-1990: Textile- Weaving Program
- 1990-1991: Textile - Weaving Program and Spinning Program
- 1993-1994: Textile - Weaving Program/ Spinning Program/ Finishing Program/ Quality Control Program.
- 1995-1996: Fashion Garment/ Knitting/ Cotton Expertising and Spinning Programs were added to the Programs given above.
- 1996-1997: Ready to Wear Program was added to before mentioned Programs.
- 1998-1999: Textile/ Finishing and Quality Control Programs were opened in the evening education.
- 2002-2003: Within the scope of MEB-YÖK Vocational Schools Program Development Project and referring to the decision dated 19.07.2002 and numbered 27/2090 of Council of Higher Education, the names of the existing Programs have been merged under Textile Program.
- 2009-2010: The name of Textile Program was changed as Textile Technology Program. Apparel Production Technology Program and Fashion Design Program started to formal education.
- 2010-2011: By the carrying of the Human Resources Development through Vocational Education and Training Project (IKMEP) into practice, student admission to the Textile Technology Program was stopped and the Fashion Design Program started to second formal education.
- 2011-2012: Apparel Production Technology Program was started in the evening education. 2013-2014: Textile Technology Program was started in the evening education.
- 2014-2015: Evening educations of Fashion Design and Apparel Production Technology Programs were closed.
- 2015-2019: In our vocational school, formal education is maintained with Fashion Design, Apparel Production Technology and Textile Technology Programs.
Managers who have served since its establishment:
- Prof.Dr. Işık TARAKÇIOĞLU: 1988 - 1999
- Prof.Dr. Kerim DURAN : 1999 -2008
- Prof.Dr. Ziynet ÖNDOĞAN : 2008 - 2012
- Prof.Dr. Arzu MARMARALI : 2012 - 2018
- Prof.Dr. Ziynet ÖNDOĞAN : 2018 - 2019
- Prof.Dr. Sevda ALTAŞ : 2019 - 2020
- Prof.Dr. Ziynet ÖNDOĞAN : 2020 - 2021
- Prof.Dr. Gonca ÖZÇELİK KAYSERİ 2022........ (continuing)